Wednesday 20 October 2010

Pushbike Style -this seasons cycle chic customer







Bike Belle Spotlight
After a fantastic summer and meeting so many of you we decided to start a regular Bike Belle Spotlight focusing on a new pushbikehoney customer every month or so.

In Town with...

Cyclist: Bonk
Bike: Retro Cream Honey Bee, 3 speed with carrier
Accessories: Basil Blossom Panniers, Large Cambridge Wicker Basket, Pannier Chill Bags

This week we'd like to introduce you to Bonk (I know- great name) a busy 'super mum' of three she runs her own Pilates Studio and lives just outside the cycling mecca of Cambridge.

Buying a pushbike has changed my life for the better she says, after purchasing our retro Honey Bee earlier this year. The gorgeous retro bike was handmade to order, ideal if you are not a standard height (Bonk is a leggy blond!) she chose a wicker large basket and carrier together with pretty panniers to support her busy lifestyle.

Cycling clears my head, helps my posture and makes me smile!

How far she cycles a day – 4 miles to and from work – shopping on the way home.

The classic wide handlebars provide support and open my chest releasing tension stored in my shoulders and upper back'

LOVE the LifestyleCycle to work day – I carry class plans, books, change of clothes and the usual essentials for all us ladies!!!! Still lots of storage space free in my roomy panniers!



A ride on Flossy wakes me up to face the day feeling happy!


Weekly shopping day – My panniers are stacked high and thank god for my basket – as I chose to have the basket rack fitted as an extra on my bike – the weekly shop poses no problem – and once the basket is full roundabouts are not the usual dice with death that they used to be with the traditional basket pulling at the handlebars!! I wouldn’t be without my rack!!! I have even cycled home with my 18year old daughter sitting on the rack with the basket on her lap – quite a sight and hard work on the hills!!!
The LOOK
Leather Boots: FLY LONDON from Javelin
Jeans: FREEDOM
Blue fleece that matches her panniers!

My favourite things... if you ask my kids – they would say “Flossy” – yes I have named my gorgeous cream retro bike – apparently I love her more than any of them !! Why I wonder - is it because in a house of teenagers she is the only one who is home on time – goes to bed when told – is ready for work in the morning – helps with the shopping – when distressed merely rings her bell and never whines about going out for a blast of fresh air with me!!
If only I could persuade my dalmation to ride in her basket !!

Breakthrough Breast Cancer: I am part of the Suffolk Breakthrough Team. The Funky Pink Clip on Rose from Pushbikehoney adds some fun to my retro bike - 20% of every purchase goes to Breakthrough.

Green Living As a keen runner cycling Flossy to work has been a revelation – all the benefits of the run without the need for a shower on arrival – my mind is clear – my mood lifted – no road rage as I just glide my way past the jams – and the biggest smile on my face to start the day and the same in reverse at the end of the day – what more could I ask for – well in truth – less cobbles on East Street – nearly lost all my chocolate cup cakes on the way home last week (present from client). When I start to think of the perks of Flossy ownership the list is endless – no fuel costs – car left free for 18 year old daughter – no school run – what “cool” teenage boy is going to hitch a ride on my rack? So my not driving everyday has led to my kids walking more – as I no longer just pop them to school on my way to work – its a win win situation! No parking charges in town – just lock her up and wander off (although I worry that she’ll be ok whilst I’m gone – has Flossy become my fourth child?)

Rainy Day Blues? But the big question is - am I just a fair weather cyclist – watch this space – I bought Flossy in May so this will be my first winter – I’ll keep you informed.

Whats on her Xmas wish list?
Rainy Day saddle cover


Pilates with Bonk?
Pilates Studio contact: Bonk 



More retro bits & bobs from pushbikehoney.com

No comments: